- Published: March 19, 17:01
Covid-19 - about the disease
How to identify the symptoms and what to do if you suspect infection with new coronavirus.How to identify the symptoms and what to do if you suspect infection
Coronavirus disease causes mild flu-like symptoms, such as:
- shortness of breath
- muscle pain
1. a patient has acute respiratory infection – at least one of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath
2. if up to 14 days before noticing the symptoms, at least one of the following epidemiological criteria was met:
- a patient had close contact with confirmed or suspected case of coronavirus infection or
- a patient visited or traveled to or from areas affected by coronavirus diseaseIn more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
If you experience these symptoms, call your doctor or epidemiological service immediately. Describe your symptoms and follow their advice.
If you suspect infection – stay at home, call the doctor and do not go to health care centers, doctors’ offices, hospitals or emergency rooms.
Do not go to doctor before calling by phone.