- Published: March 20, 11:47
Quarantine and self-isolation for drivers of freight vehicles
Controlled movement and stay of freight vehicle drivers in international transport can be secured with a driver employer or within municipal headquarters organized by the Crisis headquarter.Controlled movement and stay of freight vehicle drivers in international transport can be secured with a driver employer or within municipal headquarters organized by the Crisis headquarter.
During the quarantine stay, isolated driver is not allowed to leave the quarantine premises. Transport companies who have the opportunity to secure a larger number of own drivers into quarantine in accordance with healthcare supervision measures, can demand forming a quarantine area within their office space from their municipal headquarter of civil protection. It is also necessary to organize sufficient supply of food and toilets.
The truck cabin is considered a place of self-isolation.
Upon completion of transportation route, freight vehicle driver has 2 options:
- Staying in quarantine area for freight vehicle drivers
If the employer has no further need to assign work tasks to the driver, the driver has to stay in a quarantine area for at least 14 days.
After the last completed transport and when the employer has no further need to assign work tasks to the driver, besides quarantine for 14 days, the driver can also choose to go into self-isolation for 14 days
- Staying in self-isolation for 14 days
WHAT IS SELF-ISOLATION AND HOW TO CARRY IT OUT?
- You are not allowed to leave the house
- Once you enter self-isolation, you are required to contact your chosen family doctor. No further reporting is required unless you get a fever.
- Measure your body temperature each morning and each evening
- Pay attention to the symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- Wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Clean and disinfect items and surfaces on a regular basis in your home
- Ventilate the room regularly
- Use separate bedding, towels and cutlery
- Secure a separate room and use the bathroom separately
- If you need to go to a healthcare facility, contact your family doctor or on-duty epidemiologist before going to the hospital or doctor’s office.
DRIVERS EMPLOYED BY FOREIGN COMPANIESDrivers employed by foreign companies, who immediately return to their country after unloading their freight, are not under obligated by the measures of healthcare supervision. Companies who receive the goods from foreign suppliers are obligated to notify their suppliers on the quarantine area and measures for foreign drivers.
Foreign drivers are obligated to self-protection behavior, self-isolation in vehicle cabins, corridors of entry and all other important notices relevant to pursue the Instruction on behavior and application of quarantine measures for freight vehicle drivers.
Companies who accommodate foreign freight vehicle drivers will immediately notify the municipal civil protection headquarter 112.